Saturday, September 15, 2012

Sunday Salon - September 16

I can't read. There, I've said it. For the past couple of weeks, I've been making excuses to myself as to why I haven't been doing much reading of late. Yesterday I came to the realization that I'm not getting much read because I have just not been able to make myself sit down and read. I'm reading good books and mostly I'm reading things that I've chosen to read (as opposed to books I need to read for reviews on a set date). I've never had a reading slump before when I'm getting to read whatever I want. I'm very frustrated by it!

Had something odd happen last night. I was playing catch up with my blog reader. When I clicked on Misfit Salon, a blog I've been following for a couple of years, I got the message "Blog Not Found." Not found? Must be a glitch, I thought. Tried again. Nope, same message. I emailed the blogger to let her know something was wrong. But that came back with a message that the email account does not exist. So I have two questions: does anyone know what happened to Stephanie? and has this ever happened to you? After spending so much time talking about community last week, it feels so odd to have someone I've been talking to just disappear. Bloggers, I have a favor to ask. If you're going to be leaving us, please, please give us a chance to say goodbye!

This week I'm reading Laura Hillenbrand's Unbroken for the Omaha Bookworms September meeting. We're very excited to be doing something different this month; we had gotten the idea that we wanted to find a book that would appeal to multiple generations, men and women. One of our members suggested this book and I think it will make for great discussion. I'm really looking forward to having some of our parents join us!

I'll also try to work in some more of The Little Stranger for the R.I.P. VII readalong hosted by The Estella Society. Of course, I'm behind already, what with my reading slump. What are you reading this week?

Even with my reading slump, I've been enjoying planning what I'm going to read. I can't wait to get to the other things I've planned for R.I.P. and for Fall Feasting. That means that I'm going to come out of this slump soon, right? Are there things that have worked for you when you've been in a slump?

No comments:

Post a Comment