Saturday, February 16, 2013

Sunday Salon - February 17



Wishing my sister-in-law a very happy birthday today!

Here's What I'm:

Listening To: The Enchantress of Florence by Salmon Rushdie. I've got the paperback as well and I've found a combination of reading and listening is necessary on this one at times.In music, I've been listening to Fitz and the Tantrums, Michael Kiwanuki, and The Sheepdogs, all of which are new to me this week.

Jim Carter, center, in Brassed Off
Watching: "Brassed Off" yesterday, starring Ewan McGregor and Pete Postlethwaite. Funny, sad, heartwarming and, Downton Abbey fans, Mr. Carson is even in it! Then Miss H and I had a girls' movie night. First we watched "Music and Lyrics" with Hugh Grant and Drew Barrymore then "2 Week's Notice" with Sandra Bullock and Hugh Grant. Lots of laughs but, unfortunately, we both now have "Pop Goes My Heart" stuck in our heads.

Illustration by Kyle Bean

Reading: Midnight In Peking by Paul French and I'm back to Les Mis finally. I wish I didn't know that there was a long passage about the sewers of Paris coming up! I also read this interesting article in Fast Times magazine which The Big Guy found about the future of reading. I found hope in the fact that there were more books published in 2011 than in any previous year.


Making: progress on a kitchen reorganization project I started this week. These kinds of projects make me so happy! Here's what happens in my house when you empty a cupboard:


Planning: On working on my dining room this week as part of Project: The Things That Feed My Soul. There are so many things in this room that I love, including the glasses The Big Guy and I toasted with on our wedding day.

Grateful: that my brother-in-law and nephew came to visit from Colorado. It's the first time The Big Guy and all three of his siblings have been together in two years and the first time my nephew's been here in ten years. I know having them all with her brightened my mother-in-law's weekend.

Loving: Nivea Extended Moisture Hand Cream which has kept my fingers from cracking this winter.


Thinking: The things that happen to us (even, maybe especially, the tough times) help us become better able to help others.

Cathy Marie Buchanan
Looking forward to: book club this week. We're talking to Cathy Marie Buchanan about The Painted Girls! Thanks, Mari, for lining this up for us! Have you read this book? Is there anything you'd like to ask Cathy?

I'm also starting to think about my gardens and what changes I want to make this year and when I need to start my heirloom tomato seeds.

What are you looking forward to this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment