Sunday, February 3, 2013

Sunday Salon - February 3



Happy Super Bowl Sunday! As much as I love football, I'm not all that enthusiastic about this game -  I don't care who wins and I really don't like the Harbaugh brothers. Could both of their teams lose?

Here's What I'm:

Listening To: The music from Broadway musicals - it's like comfort food for my ears. Although I will say that Pandora disappoints me here - I listened to the Andrew Lloyd Weber station yesterday for a couple of hours and never heard a single song from any of his shows other than Phantom.


Watching: "Seeking A Friend For The End Of The World" with Mini-him and his girlfriend. It's an odd movie, starts out funny and then turns very quiet and serious. I think I liked it; it just wasn't what I was expecting especially after the first 30 minutes.


Reading: The Painted Girls by Cathy Marie Buchanan for book club, Les Miserables for the readalong that continues through February, and, on audio, City of Women by David Gillham which I am absolutely loving. 

Making: Yesterday I made a chocolate cake using a recipe that's been in my husband's family for more than 50 years. It's what sounded good to my mother-in-law and right now, she gets whatever she wants. Today I'm making her fettucine alfredo.

Planning: Project: The Things That Feed My Soul (see Friday's post).


Grateful for: Compassionate medical professionals.

Loving: The forecast for the coming week: everyday has a high in the forties except one. Spring is on the way!

Thinking: Sometimes life is just not fair. And sometimes it is really, really not fair.

Looking forward to: A second day in a row with several hours of having the house to myself. I love my family more than I could ever say but some days it's nice not to see any of them for a while!

What's on your schedule this week? Have you read anything I should be adding to my wish list?

No comments:

Post a Comment